Friday, May 23, 2008

MAY 23rd.THURSDAY..ON FRIDAY

Ok so I'm not gonna lie, I simply forgot to do my blog yesterday, strange that it happened so late in the process, but what are you going to do?
The only thing I can say in my defense is I was so worried about getting all my stuff done and printed out that i was not thinking about blogging.
Yesterday was probably my second most productive day to date. I finished up my book, printed her out, wrote my self-evaluation and turned that into my mentor, Felipe, to look at, and finished and printed out my research paper.
Today my big plans are to look through every page of my book, self-eval, and paper and check for typos missed by my computer, and just make sure everything looks alright, and going over my original goals again so I can make sure I can defend my project when I present on Monday.
Here's a bit more preview of my AMAZING ( if I may say so myself) book-

INTRODUCTION

   I decided to do this project because private schools have always been a big part of my life. I was born at an all-boys boarding school in Massachusetts, and since then I have been surrounded by the world of independent schools. I created this book because I don’t think there is enough information out there for people new to Washington DC and the bubble of private schools that is easy for a kid to read and understand.

     Over the week and half I was in Washington DC I visited three very different private high schools in Washington and one boarding school in Virginia.

I spent time at Georgetown day school, Episcopal high school, the Field school and Maret.

     This Book contains information, statistics, interviews with students, teachers, and administration, and my personal review of all the four schools. This book also contains an interview with my dad, who is the head of a small private k-8 school in DC, and an interview with my sponsor, Margie Gottfried, who is the assistant director of admissions and financial aid at Sheridan.

     I hope this book will provide some insight into impendent schools in Washington DC, and private high schools in general

                    Peace+Love, Abbie

UNTIL NEXT TIME

PEACE+LOVE

ABBIE

No comments: